- Act if on balance the benefits greatly outweigh cost and risk.
- Act or do not act, but do not ‘hedge’ or compromise. (p196)
- What do we mean by a side-effect
- Why do we need to study side effects
- What are the apparent reasons for the lack of concern for risks of interventions in education
- What are the implications for your role as a school research lead?
Fifth, to help identify the unintended consequences of an implementation then there is value in using the premortem technique which will help you imagine circumstances when your planned for intervention has failed. By using the premortem technique this could reduce your chances of falling prey to both a range of cognitive biases and groupthink
If the anticipated results of an intervention are too good to be to true, then they probably are.